When preparing and submitting electronic artwork on a disk or via e-mail, please observe the following guidelines so that we are able to process your order as efficiently as possible. Our graphics department is set up on a cross-platform Macintosh and Windows network. If you are creating your artwork on either platform, please use one of the preferred software programs listed below to increase the likelihood of a successful output.
When preparing artwork . . .
Our art department can accept files from virtually all professional publishing and graphics software. However, we cannot accept any electronic art that has been created using these programs: Word Perfect, Claris Works, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Word, or Power Point. If you have artwork that was created using one of these programs, please contact us to discuss an alternative solution. Jpegs and Gifs are not acceptable. All artwork must either be saved as grayscale, bitmap or cmyk and at a minimum of 300 dpi. Please send the files in the format they were created in.
Macintosh Platform Programs:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Draw (saved as an eps with fonts converted to paths)
Windows Platform Programs:
- Any TIFF files within the document
- Any EPS files within the document
- All fonts, including both printer and screen fonts
In multi-SPOT color, documents must use colors from the Pantone Matching System (PMS) Library.
When sending artwork via e-mail . . .
- Please fax your confirming order and a hard copy of the artwork for our reference.
- Please include in the e-mail message, your name, company name, and project/item name.
- The preferred size of a file is no larger than 5MB.
When sending artwork on disk . . .
Please enclose a hard copy of the artwork and your confirming order along with the disk, as well as information about how to contact you. Disk formats we can accept:
- 3.5 floppy
- Zip (250 MB or 100 MB)